The MOBI-ARC 200x is an on-board computer engineered to teach your alternator how to weld. It can connect to, and control, any alternator rated 200 amps or less. The stainless steel CAD package is designed with flexibility in mind. Ideal for customers who have a high-output alternator, or intend to use their stock alternator now, but likely to upgrade to a higher-output unit in the future.
When MOBI-ARC is fitted to any vehicle, the alternator is regulated by the pulse-width modulation (PWM) regulator built into the MOBI-ARC's circuitry. During daily driving, the alternator is regulated at an automotive-friendly 14.x volts (or 28.x volts on 24v vehicles). The current flows through the control unit via a solid-state MOSFET switch (sophisticated electronic solenoid) and passes to the vehicle's battery.
When welding is desired, the welding cables are inserted. Until an arc is struck, the alternator continues to charge the battery as normal. When the arc is struck, MOBI-ARC instantly breaks the connection between the alternator and the battery. This isolates and protects the vehicle's battery and electrical system. The alternator is then ramped-up to 38 volts open circuit which is optimum open circuit voltage for the welding process. (FIG B). Weld as long as necessary. If welding ceases for more than fifty seconds, the MOBI-ARC will automatically ramp the voltage back down to an automotive friendly 14.x volts and restore the connection to the battery.
Mobi-Arc Kits Consist of:
- Mobi-Arc Control Unit
- Mounting Bracket
- Installation Manual
- 25mm Dinse Welding Plugs
- Ground Clamp
- Electrode Holder
- All Wires & Cables Necessary for Installation
- All Hardware Necessary for Installation
- Dimensions: (W x H x D): 5.27" x 2.57" x 4.60"
- Weight: 24 oz.
- Packaging: Precision laser cut anodized aluminum front/rear, stainless steel covers, custom extruded aluminum chassis, silicon-bronze hardware, surface mount assembly (SMT) printed circuit board
- Power produced: Direct Current (DC)
- Welding Amperage: Alternator dependant, up to 200 amps
- Duty Cycle: 100%
- Open Circuit Voltage (OCV): 38 volts
- Closed Circuit ARC-voltage: 18 to 28 volts
- Battery Jumping: Programmable and Regulated
- Switching Frequency
- Pulse-width Modulation Regulation
- High-side and Low-side switching compatible
- 12v and 24v Compatible (factory pre-set)
Mobi-Arc Control Unit:
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.27” x 2.57” x 4.6”
- Weight: 24 oz.
- Pulse-Width Modulation Regulation
- Solid-State Switch-mode technology
- Automatic Mode Switching
- Optional Mode-Select Modules
- Fail-Safe Mode
- LED Indicator Lights
- Welding Cable Sockets
- Thermal / Amperage Overload Protection
- Water Proof / Dust Proof
- Diagnostic Output Connection